Saturday, March 25, 2006

Abe is here!


On Wednesday I was still feeling quite a bit of contractions after my appointment, but since the ones the day before were false, I just told myself that these were too. At around 11pm they were getting very strong. David and I watched "Capote" until I couldn't stand it any longer (the contractions, not the movie). I called my friend at 1:40 am to come stay with the kids. We got to the hospital around 2:15 am. It took about 40 minutes for the nurse to hook up the IV and monitor. By the time she was done and ready to give me pain medication, I was pushing! My doctor was not there yet so the nurses asked me if I could hold off on pushing. I screamed "No!" at them. (I fell for that one when Tommy was born...terrible). So the nurses delivered the baby. He was born on Thursday March 23 at 3:05am, and was 8lbs 3oz. A good size, good thing he wasn't born any later. This was my first delivery without any medication. I actually felt nice and alert afterward which was different. Here I am a few minutes after the birth.


Abe is so cute and sweet. He stayed in my room most of the time. The next night he started snorting quite a bit because of some fluid in his sinuses or something. The Dr. said not to worry, since it is not in his lungs. He is still doing it occasionally, but it is much better today. Here is what it was like:

1 comment:

Heather said...

LOL! I read your punchline, but then had to scroll down to see the pic, then I LOL!