Monday, November 03, 2008

Who Could It Be?


We have been watching some old TV shows with the kids. We rented "The Greatest Amercian Hero" a few weeks ago. The show was popular when I was in 2nd grade. I remember a time during school when we had an assignment to write about a dream we had. Everyone was quietly working, when a boy in the class raised his hand and asked, "How do you spell 'greatest'?" Upon hearing that, the whole class began giggling and laughing, just knowing that his dream had something to do with the TV character. Sure enough, when we read our stories out loud, his involved The Greatest American Hero. Later, I was wondering just how in the world the whole class (including me) knew that his dream was about the TV show and not the 'greatest' something else. I tried to think of a sentence using the word 'greatest' in it. But as hard as I tried, I could not come up with anything that did not have 'American Hero' directly after it.

No comments: