Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Boss, Betty

The first job I ever had was working for Betty at her teacher supply store. I worked there for 4 years; during high school and a year afterward. I only left the job because I got married and moved out of the area. During my time there, Betty trained me on all sorts of things having to do with the business, not just cashiering and stocking shelves. She allowed me to place orders with the supply companies, get the bills ready to be paid and even trusted me to do the bank deposit for the store. All of that when I was 17 or 18 years old! I was so proud to have that kind of responsibility.

I just found out that Betty passed away last month. Even though I had not seen her in awhile, I'll miss her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that. I know you will miss her. Do you ever hear from "Aunt Dana?"

Shannon Kristine Croft said...

Unfortunately no. I haven't talked to her in several years.