Tuesday, May 02, 2006

McDonald's Friend

Do you ever see the same people over and over? Last summer, I was a frequent visitor to McDonald's playland. Each time I went, I saw the same woman there with her kids. One time was even on a Saturday morning for breakfast. After about the 4th or 5th time, I went over to her and said,
"I guess you like this place as much as I do."
She seemed puzzled.
"I've seen you here the last few times I've been here." I explained. She told me they come on Wednesdays after going to the library. I did not mention seeing her on Saturday too. She did not seem interested in talking further, so I went back to my table.

The very next time I went to McDonalds, she was there. I was in line and she got in line behind me.
"Hi, McDonald's friend!" I said to her.
She looked at me blankly.
"We met last time, remember." She smiled, but that was all, so I turned back around.

After summer was over I didn't go there in the afternoon anymore, so I haven't seen her there. However, since then I've seen her twice at Wal-Mart. Today I saw her for the 3rd time at Subway. I don't say anything to her, but perhaps I should change her name to "Subway friend".

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes! See my blog of 4/9/06.