Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Face your fear and look at the light

I had Lasik done over the weekend. Here is a picture of me while waiting my turn to go in. I had the guy next to me take it with my phone. I was waiting almost 4 hours before going in. I was nervous about the procedure and asked several people coming out about it. Even with as much as they told me, it was still not the same as experiencing it myself. When it was finally my turn and I was lying under the laser with my eye lids taped open, I started to freak out a little. I tried not to show it, but apparently I was moving around a bit. It felt like every movie I've seen of aliens torturing an abductee. The Dr. kept repositioning my head and reminding me to look at the flashing light. On the second eye he just held my head in place and said "Look I know you're nervous, but you have to face your fear and look at the light". Afterward, they taped my eyes closed and I had to sit in a chair for a while to recover. I could hear the people around me waiting to go in. One of the techs asked me "How was it?" "Scary." I replied, while I sat in my chair shaking.

No comments: