Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cooking is a waste of time.

I don't cook anymore, I merely heat things up. At first I felt guilty about this, but I don't anymore. I used to look at things like 'place and bake' cookies or instant mashed potatoes and think, "How lazy can a person be?" Then I started trying these things, one at a time, and found that not only are they made in a fraction of the time as those made from scratch, but they taste better too. I buy frozen lasagne, bagged salad, breakfast tacos, pre-cooked bacon, and yes, sometimes when they are on sale, I buy Uncrustables too. When I watch cooking shows I am so puzzled as to why someone would waste all that time. However, I do seem to remember from my pre-children days that it is easier to prepare a meal with two hands and without a baby banging pots at your feet.

No comments: